|Tuesday, January 22, 2008|
I am so freaking addicted to coffee. Forgot to take my coffee this morning, productivity drops and lathagy sets in. Absolutely terrible.
An Impression Was Left @ 11:42 a.m.
|Wednesday, January 16, 2008|
December 2007... The Bird's Nest 鸟巢 and The Egg Cooked in Water 水煮蛋 and The Warriors and the Snow....
An Impression Was Left @ 3:09 p.m.
Don't worry guys, I am still alive.
An Impression Was Left @ 4:00 p.m.
|Wednesday, January 02, 2008|
I'm Back!! I'm Back and I'm Back!! Yes, and I am sure you didn't miss me much.
Well, what I do know is that I didn't miss the internet much. In the 13 days I was away from the office, I was online for only a total of 3 times!!! Which is like only once every four days, don't I do not disagree that the exhobitant internet pricing in Novotel Peace Beijing did prevent me from going online more often than I had liked (RMB2 per minute = RMB120 per hour = SGD24 per hour).
Oh, by the way, Happy New Year!!! Spent the last hours of 2007 and the first hours of 2008 timing ourselves so that we will end up on Benjamin Shears Bridge at the stroke of midnight! And the timing was perfect, cuz we were right at the top of the bridge in the thick of the fireworks. I LOVE FIREWORKS. Seriously, I do love them. I love watching them and being in the midst of the noise. It's fantastic. But being hurried along by the police as we can't stop on the bridge was not so nice... but I can't complain. The timing was just perfect. :)
Oh, forgot the photos (again). Nvm, will upload them next time!
An Impression Was Left @ 8:55 p.m.
|Wednesday, December 19, 2007|
I HATE WAITING.
I SAID THAT ALREADY AND I'LL SAY IT AGAIN.
I HATE WAITING. WHETHER AT WORK OR WHATEVER.
IT'S PAST 7.30PM AND I AM ENTITLED TO GO HOME IF I WANT TO.
An Impression Was Left @ 7:23 p.m.
|Tuesday, December 18, 2007|
THE END-OF-YEAR MEME.
1) Where did you ring in 2007?
Deep in the west, in Jurong Bowl Macs, having a corn cup with the wonderful guys from LGF, after their Boon Lay Countdown gig!
2) What was your status by Valentine's Day?
Happily attached and incredibly blissful in Changi plane-watching.
3) Were you in school (anytime this year)?
No, but I kept thinking about being in school and missing it.
4) How did you earn your keep?
Still doing the same ol' thing visiting hotels and bare land.
5) Did you have to go to the hospital?
Nope, not that I can recall. Thank god.
6) Did you encounter the police?
Nope either, thank god again.
7) Where did you go on vacation?
April: Phuket with KinHo
July: Bangkok with him again
Dec (upcoming): Xian and Beijing with the folks.
8) What did you purchase that was over $500?
N-O-T-H-I-N-G!!! Yay! :)
9) Did you know anybody who got married?
Yes, but no wedding invitations to me. *Phew*
10) Do you know anybody who passed away?
11) Have you run into anybody you graduated high school with?
All the time, in fact, just yesterday with Su Phine and Shulin.
12) Did you move anywhere?
Yes, my office moved from Tanjong Pagar to Bugis, so I moved along.
13) What sporting events did you go to?
Erm, none I think. *Hides head in shame*
14) What concerts did you go to?
The Tower of Power, Tokyo Ska Paradise
15) Are you registered to vote?
Everyone in Sg is, my dear.
16) If so, did you do your patriotic duty on Nov. 7?
Nope. I'm not American.
17) Where do you live now?
In the same place in sunny ol' Singapore.
18) Describe your birthday.
Believe it or not, I actually dun remember much. All I remember was waking up with the boyfriend next to me. :) I had a Thomas the Tank Engine Chocolate Cake in the evening, cuz Matthew chose the cake. Not sure what happened in the afternoon though. Maybe I went swimming.
19) What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2007?
Trying something and getting so far, yet so close. But better late than never.
20) What is one thing you regretted this year?
Not really a regret, but I think I did neglect my friends a lil this year. Sorry peeps! :)
21) What's something you learned about yourself?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. You're only young once.
22) Any new additions to your family?
Darling Joanne JoJo.
23) What was your best month?
Hard to single out one month, but if i have to, August? I always like the month of August. :)
24) What from pop culture will you remember 2007 by?
Hee... Nothing. I'm like the last person to remember anything from pop culture. Ask the boyfriend?
25) How would you rate this year with a scale from 1 (shitty) to 10 (excellent)?
An Impression Was Left @ 10:09 a.m.
|Monday, December 17, 2007|
Was sick over the weekend, with a bout of flu, runny nose, sore throat and (now) cough. Boyfriend was not spared either, with a really high fever, sore throat and inflamed tonsils.
So what does one sick couple do when they are sick???
They slept. and slept and slept. through Friday night, forgoing dinner, Saturday, and Sunday afternoon.
I was rested like I never rest before. On hindsight, it was a good idea as I had not rested well over the past two very 'happening' weekends. Guess my body is telling me that it is time to take a breather.
On a sidenote, despite my being ill, I went out Christmas shopping with my favourite girlies, Mars and Shan with a running nose that would not stop running. Couldn't turn them down, since I hardly see them together. Ended up with only one Christmas gift though, for the fickle-minded me never seemed to be able to decide what to get.
An Impression Was Left @ 3:44 p.m.
|Thursday, December 13, 2007|
Out of sheer procrastination and a lil bit of cramps, I have decided to repost my wishlist again, a week after posting it:
The Tangible Items.
(1) Shopping vouchers from Isetan/Tangs - love the things there.
(2) Shopping vouchers from Wisma/Vivocity - ditto above.
(3) Benefit's California Kissing!
(4) The entire Alice series
(5) Marc Jacob's Daisy EDT
(6) Summer by Kenzo EDT
(7) Something from Coach - The Carly or the Signature Stripe in Baby Blue
(8) No more Passport Holders
(9) The A380 edition of the SQ playing cards.
(10) The LV Neverfull MM or PM. Generally I think LV bags are oldish, and ugly. This is actually the only one I like beacuse of the design and functionality. And it doesn't look as oldish as some of the others.
(11) A nice pencil skirt, preferably one that sits at the waist, and is nice and tight and show off the curves. Hahahah, I saw some people wearing it and I really like it. Something like this.
(12) More ballet flats. Those in target.com, under the xhiliation brand are really nice.
The Intangible Items.
(1) The perfect job - the one that I won't mind doing for the rest of my life, till retirement, that is. Actually there is no perfect job, but then I mean a job that I am happier in and doesn't wanna think of leaving.
(2) A happier me. Probably if (1) is schieved, this will also be easier.
(3) Happier friends. (2) will also be more easily achieved if this is achieved. Happiness is infectious, esp if it occurs to the most important people around you.
(4) Courage, to make the change and take the plunge when situation requires.
(5) A positive attitude, even when things don't go your way.
(6) Appreciation for the people around me.
An Impression Was Left @ 11:00 a.m.
Happy to be Alive and Moving
Glad to Love and be Loved
Filled with Wanderlust
At the Crossroads of Life
Enjoys Good Company
Appreciates Good Service
Thankful for Life
Her Tank Technician
Egg Rolls, Pineapple Tarts and Kueh Bangkit
Tiger Roll from Chinatown
Wondering around in Supermarkets
Tulips in the fields
Gerberas of any colour, except white and yellow
Freeriders for Effort
The Arrogant and the Ignorant
Not much else, really, unless u annoy me
Our Little Angels
An excuse for catharsis
if i should return, think better of me
Kantan's changing blog
Stoffer's Xanga Site
And Then There Were These
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
- Babyface & Des'ree